Ojai Film Festival Artwork Competition 2016
Notice: The competition is now complete
The Ojai Film Festival is currently hosting a contest to design original artwork, which will promote the 17th annual Ojai Film Festival, running November 3-13, 2016. The competition is open to artists/designers of all ages.
The official Festival artwork will display a distinct signature of the Ojai Film Festival. Artwork submissions should convey the experience of the Festival as well as promote the Ojai Film Festival vision statement: “Enriching the Human Spirit through Film.” For inspiration and to see past year’s graphics and artwork below.
Poster submissions must conform to the design guidelines and include a $10/ entry fee or they will face disqualification.
Entries must be received by Friday, June 24, 2016 at 5pm (PST). Late entries will not be accepted. All submissions will be accepted via email. Complete rules and details are listed below:
Artwork Submission Guidelines:
- All artwork must be 27” x 40”, or scale to 27” to 40”
- Artwork must be vertically oriented
- Artwork must be easily translated into a variety of mediums including but not limited to: commemorative posters, program, postcards, flyers, merchandise, website, etc.
- Artwork must incorporate the Festival’s logo
- Artwork must reflect the Festival’s vision statement: “Enriching the Human Spirit through Film.”
- Artwork must clearly state: Ojai Film Festival
- Artwork must include the festival dates: November 3-13, 2016
- Artwork must include website: OjaiFilmFestival.com
- Artists must use their own original artwork; Copyrighted characters or clip art will not be accepted with the exception of the Ojai Film Festival logo
- All submissions must be made using email
- All file submissions must be in jpeg, tiff, png, or pdf format
- Each entry must be submitted at 300 dpi (CMYK color model)
- File must be no larger than 10-12MB
- Each entry must include a completed Submission Form
- Multiple entries from the same artist/individual will be accepted but must be submitted separately
- Artwork must be accompanied by a $10 submission fee.
Rules & Regulations
How To Enter:
All submissions must use the Submissions Form and be submitted online.
All entries must be submitted by Friday, June 24, 2016 at 5pm (PST). Late entries will not be accepted. All entries must be accompanied by a $10 submissions fee.
Judging & Selection:
Each entry will be judged by marketing and design professionals. Each entry will be evaluated based on appeal, theme-inclusion, content, and marketability. If your image is selected, we will need the full art in its original file (in layers or vectors) and the font that was used.
The winning designer/artist will receive two five star passes valued at $120, a quarter page advertising space in the festival program valued at $700, and the artists/designers winning artwork will be featured on the front cover; honorable mentions will be prominently displayed throughout the festival.
The winning designer/artist will be notified via email by Friday, July 1, 2016. Entrants are responsible for providing valid contact information and for checking their respective email accounts for notifications regarding the Competition. If a potential winner does not respond within five (5) calendar days of the first notification attempt – or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable – the potential winner will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- The Ojai Film Festival does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- While the artist/designer retains full copyright to their artwork, they must permit the Ojai Film Festival full rights to use the artwork for promotional purposes as long as deemed necessary by the Festival. Full credit will be given to the artist/designer where possible. .
- Artwork may be made available for sale by the Ojai Film Festival as posters, postcards, brochure cover designs, and other promotional material. Due credit will be given.
- This competition is promoted by the Ojai Film Festival. The Ojai Film Festival’s decision is final in every situation. The Ojai Film Festival reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage if deemed necessary and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
The Ojai Film Festival does not assume responsibility for entries. The Ojai Film Festival’s decisions are final. The Ojai Film Festival reserves the right to alter the final design or to reject all submissions. All participants agree, as a condition of entry, that their submission becomes the property of the Ojai Film Festival. By submitting an entry, the participant gives the Ojai Film Festival permission to use and/or sell the image for its purposes including, but not limited to: posters, slides, brochures, advertisements, program books, schedule books, badges and tickets, postcards, t-shirts, etc. No entries will be returned, so please keep all files and/or scan your work.
By submitting artwork, the artist/designer agrees to the Artist/Designer Agreement.
By submitting artwork design to the Ojai Film Festival, you, the artist/designer, agrees that the Ojai Film Festival does not assume responsibility for entries. The Ojai Film Festival’s decisions are final. The Ojai Film Festival reserves the right to alter the final design or to reject all submissions. All participants agree, as a condition of entry, that their submission becomes the property of the Ojai Film Festival. By submitting an entry, the participant gives the Ojai Film Festival permission to use and/or sell the image for its purposes including, but not limited to: posters, slides, brochures, advertisements,
program books, schedule books, badges and tickets, postcards, t-shirts, etc.
By submitting a poster design to the Ojai Film Festival, you, the artist/designer, gives permission to the “Ojai Film Festival Artwork Competition” to use the poster submitted: a) to be printed in order to appear in any Ojai Film Festival Exhibitions, b) to be featured on the Ojai Film Festival program cover, c) to be sold in order to raise funds for the Ojai Film Festival, d) to be printed in a limited edition version, and be sold in order to raise money for the exhibitions cost, e) to be featured in editorial magazines etc. Due credit will be given to the artist/designer.
By submitting artwork to the Ojai Film Festival, you, the artist/designer, confirms that you are the sole creator of the work and that you grant to “Ojai Film Festival Artwork Competition” a worldwide, non-exclusive license (i.e. you, the artist/designer, retains the copyright) to publish the work, without charge, in book form in all languages, including licensed editions, foreign language editions and new editions of this book published by the Ojai Film Festival. This license shall be for the duration of copyright. You, the artist/designer, also grant the Ojai Film Festival permission to use the work in electronic formats of the book and in associated promotional material in relation to this title only, permission to be featured in editorial magazines or other publications used to promote the Ojai Valley Festival or the artist/designer.
By submitting artwork to the Ojai Film Festival, you, the artist/designer, promise that
no claims, litigation or other proceedings have been asserted and/or brought, no claims, litigation or proceedings are pending or threatened relating to the work, and
• the work is original to the artist/designer;
• the reproduction of the work will not infringe the rights of others;
• you agree to pay any costs or damages the Ojai Film Festival might incur as a result of your breach of this Agreement.
The above is accepted and agreed to by submitting a design to
the Ojai Film Festival, Inc..